What Is PPC? An Introduction For Business Owners
Pay Per Click
PPC stands for 'pay per click' and is a digital advertising model that charges your business for each click your advert receives on Google or Bing. A click will take the user straight to your website. Essentially you are paying to get people to visit your site and can choose which keywords (also known as search terms) you wish to target. The cost of advertising under different keywords can differ significantly based on the nature of your business.
The two major platforms that offer PPC advertising are Google AdWords and Bing Ads. When a user searches either Bing or Google your business can opt-in to show a small text advert to potential prospects based on keywords. By choosing which keywords to target you can increase the visibility and exposure of your website.
The final step is to secure all-important sales, enquiries, emails and phone calls to help you grow your business. If you have a well-optimised website that is easy for visitors to navigate you shouldn't have much trouble generating new business through PPC.
A well optimised PPC campaign requires extensive optimisation and solid structuring to ensure you see good returns from your investment. One of the most attractive features of PPC is that you can see results instantly, whereas SEO requires a considerable time investment before you can begin to see ranking changes and traffic.
PPC offers greater flexibility when advertising online and can be customised to produce unique online experiences for new and returning customers. Pay per click advertising gives your business the ability to:
- Target and bid on keywords that bring commercial value to your business
- Show text adverts to users based on their physical location (also called geo-targeting)
- Create adverts which showcase the strengths of your business and help resolve customer frustrations
- Gives you full control over your monthly advertising spend
- You can see substantial growth in the same month you launch a campaign provided you have a well optimised website with strong written content